1
店員:下一位。想點些什麼?

Clerk:Can I help the next in line, please.

學生甲:一號套餐和健怡可樂。我可以用洋蔥圈來代替薯條嗎?

Student A:Combo number one and a Diet Coke. Can I have the onion

rings instead of the fries?

店員:兩項間有七十五分的價差,可以嗎?

Clerk:There will be a seventy-five cents difference in between. Will that be OK?

學生甲:沒問題。我的漢堡要多放些洋蔥。

Student A:Sure. And I want extra onion in my burger.

店員:一份一號餐多放洋蔥,健怡可樂和洋蔥圈。三塊四毛錢。

Clerk:One Combo 1 with extra onion, a Diet Coke and onion rings. That will be three-forty.

2

學生甲:對不起,我漢堡中的肉餅吃起來有些不對。我能換一個嗎?

Student A:Excuse me. There is something wrong with the meat patty in my burger. Can I have it replaced?

店員:怎麼了?

Clerk:What’s wrong?

學生甲:它嘗起來有點生;我喜歡全熟的。

Student A:It tasted kind of raw; I like my burger well-done.

店員:我不知道能不能換;讓我找負責人來。

Clerk:I don’t know about it; let me get you the person in charge.

經理:有什麼問題嗎?

Manager:What seems to be the problem?

3

經理:我保證食物沒有任何問題。為了讓您安心,我們會為您換一份。在等的同時,您喝杯免費的飲料。

Manager:I assure you that there is nothing wrong with out food. But, just on the safe side, we’ll exchange one for you. At the mean time, here is a complimentary drink for you while you’re waiting.

學生甲:那倒沒必要,但我在趕時間,你能快點嗎?

Student A:That won’t be necessary. But I am in a rush, can you hurry up?

經理:馬上就好。抱歉給您添麻煩。

Manager:It only takes a minute. Sorry for all these inconvenience.

學生甲:我真是大開眼界;我沒想到在速食店裡也能有一流的服務!

Student A:I am really impressed! I didn’t expect the first-class service in a fast food store!

經理:我們一向相信顧客至上!

Manager:Well, “The customer is always right” is our motto.